Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Granite Government Team is a dynamic group engaged in a wide variety of projects at many levels of the organization. The Government Contract Specialist position is an integral part of that environment where practicality, communication and collegiality are necessary components.
The Government Contract Specialist will assist in the capture, organization and maintenance of government contracts at the federal, state, and local level including bid/proposal support and cradle-to-grave contract support. The position requires a team player with good written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in negotiations of contract language, terms and conditions, cost/price, deliverables and schedule requirements.
- Manage large statewide ordering agreements issued by state governments for multiple states.
- Prepare responses to solicitations in the form of proposals and quotations.
- Facilitate and provide contractual guidance to internal management including sales, finance, and program management.
- Work with program management teams to assure compliance with contractual requirements during program execution and communicate contractual obligations to the account teams managing the installation and maintenance of the contracted telecommunications services.
- Perform contract closeout of assigned prime contracts and subcontracts.
- Coordinate with finance and business teams for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Manage the bid process and contract administration for multi-award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contracts and foster strategic relationships with government acquisition personnel.
- Manage government business opportunity pipeline and tracks the status of proposal development with internal teams to ensure submittal deadlines are met.
- Review solicitations and contractual instruments.
- Assist in new business pursuit/capture and associated contractual strategy.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new contract/subcontract policies and processes.
- Participate in development and administration of business alliances and teaming agreements.
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including drafting correspondence, online research, and file organization to the Government business team.
- Must have the ability to be cleared for Secret Clearance P2, or currently hold secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 3-7 years direct experiences with government contracting.
- Working knowledge of government contracting concepts, including Federal Acquisition Regulations, particularly FAR part 8.4, Federal Supply Schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas.
- Must be able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft contractual instruments.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation, cross-functional leadership and team-building skills.
- Familiarity with commercial item/service contracts, federal supply schedules, multiple award schedules, firm fixed price contracts, IDIQ contracts, and common issues that may arise with these contract vehicles.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management, and customer representatives including contracting officers and specialists.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions.
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications, intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work with confidential information exercise judgment and discretion.
- Prior experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience with and General Services Administration schedules program and multi-award schedule regulations.
- Prior experience with statewide acquisition contracts.
- Professional certifications such as CPCM, CFCM, CCCM or PM